Auction Terms & Conditions THIS IS AN INTERNET ONLY AUCTION
1. BIDDER TERMS AND CONDITIONS: We advise all bidders to read the Terms and Conditions of the Sale before bidding with Mark S Knoch Auction Servics, LLC. Those who bid are bound by those Terms and Conditions of the Sale, as amended by any oral announcement or posted notices, which together form the contract of the sale between the successful bidder (purchaser), Mark S Knoch Auction Services, LLC and the seller (consignor) of the lot. All bidders must meet Mark S. Knoch Auction Services, LLC qualifications to bid. Any bidder who is not in good standing with Mark S. Knoch Auction Services, LLC may be disqualified or declined with such determination made by the Auction Co. in its sole and unlimited discretion, at any time prior to, during, or after the close of the auction.
2. TERMS OF SALE: When bidding on any lot offered by Mark S Knoch Auction Services, LLC, the bidder indicates acceptance of the following Terms of Sale. Any participation in the auction binds you to agreement of these terms whether or not you read or understand said terms.
3. CONDITION OF ITEMS: Mark S Knoch Auction Services, LLC makes every effort to accurately describe all items offered in its sales, however all items for sale are sold AS IS, where is, with all faults, and it is the bidder's responsibility to determine the exact condition of each item. Mark S Knoch Auction Services, LLC will not be held responsible for typographical errors. Neither we nor the consignor make any guarantees, warranties, or representation expressed, or implied, in regard to the property or the correctness of the catalog or other description of the authenticity of authorship, physical condition, size, quality, rarity, importance, provenance, exhibition, literature or historic relevance of the property or otherwise. No statement anywhere whether oral or written, shall be deemed such a guarantee, warranty or representation. Prospective bidders should inspect the property before bidding to determine its condition, size and whether or not it has been restored. The consignor and we make no representation or warranty as to whether the purchaser acquires any reproduction rights in the property. Returns will not be accepted under any circumstances. All items will be available for preview either on a given date and time or by calling the auctioneer to schedule an appointment.
4. ITEM DESCRIPTION: Be sure to read the descriptions before bidding. You are bidding on the item described not the picture. Occasionally a wrong photo may be displayed or the photo may show other items in it that are not included with the item. As stated earlier all items are sold AS IS, Where is without warranty or guarantee. No returns for any reason will be accepted.
5. BIDDING RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILITIES: The auctioneer will determine the highest bidder. The auctioneer alone has the right to reopen the bidding of an item if deemed necessary due to a dispute. For a webcast sale If there is a tie bid between the floor and Internet or absentee bid, the floor bid takes precedence. Mark S Knoch Auction Services, LLC and its representatives reserve the right to remove those attendees who impede preview and/or the auction. Title to all merchandise shall pass to the highest bidder at the fall of the auctioneer's hammer. The buyer will then assume all risk and full responsibility of the lot purchased once ownership has changed.
6. BIDDING PROCUDURE AND ERRORS: If you are immediately outbid when you place your bids, then you are likely bidding against a maximum bid.. Buyers use maximum bids as they have seen the convenience and do not risk missing the opportunity by placing only real time bids on items. While the auction is closing click on the FLASHING LIVE CATALOG link to see the lots closing in order with auto refreshing. If you bid on the wrong item or place an incorrect bid please contact us immediately by calling 419-979-9051. While we will make every effort to correct the error we cannot guarantee that we will be able to reverse the bid as many factors such as time of sale left, other maximum bids, etc... Always check over your bids before submitting them as once you submit them you agree to purchase the item if you are the winning bidder.
7. AUCTION CLOSING: As in a "live" auction when a bid has been placed the other bidder has a chance to place another bid. If you place a winning bid within the last two minutes of the items closing time then that item will extend a full two minutes to allow the other bidder that has been outbid a chance to bid again. This will be repeated until no bids are placed in that two minute time frame. If you have been outbid you will be notified by email up to the time that the auction begins to "close".
8. WINNING BIDDER NOTIFICATION: You will only be contacted via email if you win an item. If you feel you have won an item but have not been contacted please call us at 419-979-9051. The email will include your paid invoice or for larger items your paid invoice for your down payment. It could take up to 2-3 hours after the close of the sale to receive your invoice.
9. RESERVES: Majority of smaller items will not have a reserve but on occassion some of the larger items will have a reserve. In an auction with reserve the auctioneer may withdraw the goods at any time until he announces completion of the sale. All items in this sale are offered subject to reserve according to the above statement. Mark S. Knoch Auction Services, LLC holds the rights to pass, sell, or hold the sale subject to seller confirmation on any and all items in this auction.
10. BUYER'S PREMIUM: A 5% buyer's premium will be added to each purchase. For example, if you bid $100.00 on an auction with a 5% buyers premium, you will be charged a total of $105.00
11. PAYMENT: For invoices totaling under $1000 your credit card automatically be charged at the conclusion of the auction for the entire amount of your purchase(s). For invoices totaling over $1000 your credit card will automatically be charged a $500 down payment with the remaining balance being due at the time of pick-up or when shipping has been arranged by using one of our accepted methods of payment. If no arrangements have been made within 48 hours then the remaining balance will be automatically charged to the card on file.
PAYMENT METHODS: We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Personal Checks/Certified Checks, Money Orders and Cash
CHECK - There will be a $30.00 service charge for returned checks. Make checks payable to: Mark S Knoch Auction Services, LLC. Mark S Knoch Auction Services, LLC reserves the right to hold items and/or titles paid for by personal or company check until said check clears (14 days). Customers who have an established successful buying history with Mark S Knoch Auction Services, LLC may be exempt from this. In the few situations where a successful bidder does not remit payment when due, Mark S Knoch Auction Services, LLC will proceed with the legal steps necessary to protect its interests and will block the bidder from future auction participation.
CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION: Mark S. Knoch Auction Services, LLC requires a $1 credit card authorization to register online for the sale. The $1 is not charged but is held by your credit card company for the length of 3-5 days to verify the credit card.
SALES TAX: Local Ohio sales tax will be added only if it is specifically stated in the auction description. Unless otherwise noted no tax will be added.
TIME OF PAYMENT: For invoices totaling under $1000 your credit card automatically be charged at the conclusion of the auction for the entire amount of your purchase(s). For invoices totaling over $1000 your credit card will automatically be charged a $500 down payment with the remaining balance being due at the time of pick-up or when shipping has been arranged by using one of our accepted methods of payment. If no arrangements have been made within 48 hours then the remaining balance will be automatically charged to the card on file.
12. SHIPPING: Knoch Auctions does not ship items. We recognize that many bidders may require shipping services. If this is the case then those arrangements need to be made by the buyer and then communicated to Knoch Auctions. All items must be picked or scheduled to be picked up within 7 days of the close of the sale or a storage fee will be assessed for each day after until it is picked-up.
13. TAKING ITEMS AFTER AUCTION: Items paid for must be packed, transported and/or removed by the purchaser at his/her own risk after the close of the sale. If any employee or agent of Mark S Knoch Auction Services, LLC shall pack or transport the merchandise, it is fully at the risk and responsibility and expense of the purchaser. Mark S Knoch Auction Services, LLC shall not be held liable for any loss or damage that may be caused by the said agent or employee.